Peel and stick decals truly are the easiest way to upgrade a wall in a matter of minutes and with minimal mess. Today, I want to show you:
- How to prep your walls for the best result
- How to determine the best layout and how many sets you may need
- How our peel and stick decals are applied
- Mistakes to avoid
Let's get to it!
How to prep your walls for the best results:
- If you have recently painted your walls, allow 2-3 weeks for the paint to cure prior to applying your decals.
- Prepare your walls by cleaning with a mild household cleaner. Make sure it is dry before applying the decal.
Wall decals can be applied to most non-porous smooth or semi smooth walls or surfaces. There might be some difficulty applying decals to textured walls. Typically the smaller sized decals work better on textured walls.
How to determine the best layout and how many sets you may need:
- The number of sets you need really depends on the following:
- wall size
- Decals set
- Layout wanted
- Typically one set will cover a standard 8'x10' wall if the layout is fairly spaced out.
- The larger the wall and more condensed the layout, the larger quantity of sets you will need.
- Please email Megan@thelovelywall.com if you would like help figuring out how many sets you may need! How our peel and stick decals are applied
How to Apply our Peel + Stick Wall Decals:
The beauty of our removable vinyl is that it is extremely easy to install as you can simply peel and stick the decals to your desired location in these 3 easy steps!
1. Peel the decals off of the backing.
2. Apply the decals to the wall in your desired location
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until your wall is finished!
Simply keep peeling and sticking until you achieve your desired layout!
Mistakes to Avoid:
- Avoid putting the wall decals in areas where it will constantly get wet.
- If you are storing your decals prior to applying them to a wall, keep them rolled up in the tube to avoid heat damage.
- If you do indeed have textured walls and are not sure if the decals will stick, please request a sample to test on your walls prior to purchasing. Samples are always free.
- We do not offer color matching at this time, if you are trying to match paint to one of our decal colors, please request a physical color sheet to help you match the paint color. It is best not to go off of the colors depicted on the screen as all screens show colors differently.
- Make sure to really pay attention the quantities and sizes stated in each listing.
I hope that this helps! As always, if you have any questions please contact me here!